Full time position available immediately.
Mobile Medical Care, Inc. (MobileMed) is a Federally Qualified Health Center and nonprofit community healthcare organization serving low-income adults in Montgomery County, Maryland. MobileMed’s practice environment is collaborative and patient-centered.
MobileMed Upcounty Clinic – Germantown, MD
- Ensure the medical records are available in the electronic health records system, to include labs and radiology results, emergency room records, etc. at the time of the medical visit.
- Maintain order in the Medical Records Department so that any medical record can be easily retrieved when needed.
- Oversee the timely distribution of all incoming diagnostic test results to the appropriate chart and personnel. This will involve electronically moving documents, printing, scanning, assigning, etc.
- Monitor faxes received, including prescription requests, create telephone encounters and assign to appropriate provider.
- Results must be in the structured data field for LDL, HBA1C and any other specific lab that is being reported. In addition, all abnormal results are to be entered into the structured data field when scanning the associated document into the electronic records system.
- Oversee the retrieval and release of medical records when requested through the patient signing the Authorization to Release Records form, in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Review medical records to determine appropriate E & M codes and ICD-10 codes for insurance claim submission. Confirm appropriateness with provider.
- Reconcile incomplete Montgomery Cares encounters, to include eligibility status.
- Serve as liaison to maintenance service, office products vendors, and office service providers (postage, copier, HVAC, repair services) with Nurse Manager.
- Provide input and support of appointment scheduling.
- Facilitate timely and effective communication regarding patient information between MobileMed clinic sites and the central office, using the most appropriate means for specific tasks.
- Provide direct supervision of Medical Records staff, volunteers, and available to provide support for receptionist.
- Participate in team quality improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in medical office setting, including specific experience with Medical Records.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Ability to present a knowledgeable, personable, efficient image to visitors, callers and patients.
- Well organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Able to work independently, take initiative, and problem-solve systematically.
- Experience working with database and other software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural patient population.
- Ability to work as part of the multidisciplinary team.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com