Careers At Mobile Medical Care
Bi-lingual Behavioral Health Therapist
Mobile Medical Care, Inc. (MobileMed) is a nonprofit community health center serving low-income adults in Montgomery County, Maryland. As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), MobileMed provides high-quality primary care services at office locations and at mobile van sites, utilizing staff and volunteers. The position of Behavioral Health Therapist is a 20-30 hour per week job.
The position of Behavioral Health Therapist helps ensure that MobileMed patients receive behavioral health interventions and therapy designed to address behavioral health needs, as appropriate to an integrated primary care setting. The BH Therapist provides medically necessary and appropriate behavioral health services to individuals, groups, and families, within the scope of their training and experience. These services shall comply with legal requirements, accepted clinical standards, internal procedures, insurance requirements, and the professional and ethical standards by which mental health therapists are bound.
CANDIDATES MUST BE BI-LINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
- Provide clinical services appropriate to a primary care setting.
- Collaborate with PCPs, the BH patient care monitor, and consulting psychiatrist to ensure coordination of care and achievement of good clinical outcomes.
- Provide support to integrated behavioral health volunteers and students.
- Ensure proper case documentation in electronic health record system.
- Promptly notify Program Manager for BH of crisis situations. Seek clinical supervision and consulting with colleagues when appropriate.
- Conduct a regular weekly schedule.
- Maintain professional license in good standing.
The position requires a Masters level degree, licensure as a mental health therapist in the State of Maryland, and a proven ability to meet goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
- Strong therapeutic clinical and case management skills.
- Sensitivity to multicultural issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Tenacity to work with a primary care/behavioral health team to resolve programmatic issues.
- Ability to monitor patient outcomes.
- Ability to promptly, accurately document billable patient services so that third-party reimbursement can be obtained.
- Bi-lingual Spanish-speaking required.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required.
- Willing to undergo a background and drug test prior to employment.
- 401(k) matching
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off (4 weeks/full-time)
- Professional development assistance/tuition, travel, and per diem
- Reimbursed malpractice insurance
- Hybrid, with telehealth and in-person therapy in Germantown
- May do telehealth at home, as long as it is Maryland
- Monday through Friday only, no weekends or holidays
Work Location: Germantown
To apply: Email resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org