MobileMed is proud to announce our newest program, PrEP!
HIV Prevention Program: PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxsis)
"PrEP” stands for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis. It is an FDA-approved prevention pill for people who don’t have HIV, but who have a greater chance of becoming HIV-positive. When taken every day, PrEP can prevent an HIV infection by over 92 percent. You can use PrEP with other prevention methods, like condoms, to offer more protection. For PrEP to work, people who use it must take it every day and follow up with their provider every 3 months.
PrEP is designed for anyone who does not have HIV, but who has a greater chance of becoming HIV-positive. It can be prescribed to heterosexual people, gay and bisexual people, transgender people, non-binary people, and anyone else interested in protecting themselves from risk of contracting HIV. PrEP helps people who inject drugs to stay HIV-negative, and those whose sexual partner(s) include people who are HIV-positive, stay HIV-negative.
You might consider PrEP if:
- You and/or your partner(s) don’t always use condoms (external or internal) when you have sex.
- You have been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the last six months.
- You’re unsure of the HIV status of your sexual partner(s).
- Your sexual partner(s) are HIV-positive.
- You are a person who injects drugs, or you’re having sex with an injection drug user.
- You are HIV-negative and interested in taking PrEP.
Our team can help you schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider and quickly assist you with future refills.
PrEP is offered at all MobileMed locations. To learn more about PrEP, ask a question, or participate in the program, email our PrEP navigator: firstname.lastname@example.org
MobileMed welcomes everyone. All patients are treated with care and respect regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Information you share with your doctor is private, including any admission of drug use.