Exempt, Full-time. Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Mobile Medical Care, Inc. (MobileMed) is a Federally Qualified Health Center and nonprofit community healthcare organization serving low-income adults in Montgomery County, Maryland. MobileMed’s practice environment is collaborative and patient-centered.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the overall financial management of the organization, human resources, and general office administration including facilities and IT. The relative distribution of time spent between these three functions is roughly 70/15/15 percent. Finance functions include budgeting and forecasting, liaison for auditors, payroll, financial analysis, grant reporting, A/P and A/R, and billing oversight. The Director serves as a member of the senior management team and has 1-2 direct staff reports.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements in addition to coordinating all legal and regulatory accounting guidelines in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures. Direct all aspects of agency’s annual external audit and preparation of 990.
- Prepare financial statements, budgets and forecasts, as well as ad hoc reports regarding cash flow, expense management, revenue streams, etc. Identify potential areas of concern.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and preparation of W2s, 1099s, 5500s and other tax-related documents.
- Oversee the development of financial proposals for grants and contracts, as well as ensure reporting compliance with all grants and contracts.
- Develop and implement finance, billing and internal control procedures. Establish and maintain internal controls of inventory and equipment as well as proper accounting for receipts from all locations.
- Oversee all aspects of technology and facility management, including vendor contracts.
- Review and recommend to the Executive Director and the Board insurance and security policies and procedures necessary to maintain the preservation of assets and the safety of staff.
- Oversee risk management issues of MobileMed.
- Create, coordinate and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the agency to include budgeting, financial analysis and conservation of assets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Serve as a member of the senior management team.
- Staff the Board Finance Committee and attend board meetings as appropriate.
- Supervise departmental staff, contractors and volunteers.
- Maintain productive relationships with funders/donors and agencies, vendors, contractors and lenders.
- Other financial and non-financial duties as may be requested.
- At least three years of significant work experience in a senior financial role managing the accounting functions for a nonprofit organization.
- A. degree required; CPA certification a plus.
- Knowledge of human resources, IT and business office activities.
- Ability to multi-task and to work collaboratively with Executive Director and other members of senior management team and staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to turn data into insights and recommendations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Board of Directors, Finance Committee, and external stakeholders. Solid writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organizing and monitoring skills; ability to set up systems and processes to streamline accounting/finance functions.
- Health care experience desirable; medical claims experience a plus.
Hands-on manager and self-starter capable of taking initiative and anticipating needs.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com