Position: Communications Interns (unpaid)-Remote/Hybrid On-Site and Remote ONLY
Time Period: Jan/Feb-May 2022; June-Aug 2022
Reports to: Director of Development and Outreach
Status: Spring (PT); Summer (PT)
Overview of Position:
This individual will help support outreach and engagement utilizing all methods of digital communications with a focus on video and social media storytelling. We are willing to work with the right candidate on obtaining academic credit for the internship, if needed.
MobileMed’s mission is to improve the health of low-income people who face the greatest barriers to care access.
- Assist the Development and Outreach department in needed storytelling of the mission and work of MobileMed providing support in planning, production and editing of evergreen video and short-term needs.
- Alongside MobileMed team members work to capture stories of the MobileMed community.
- Assist with the storyboarding of video projects.
- Help curate content for MobileMed’s YouTube channel.
- Coordinate with Development Associate on utilizing video on Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram Live and Instagram Stories.
- Work with Development Associate to identify social media influencers in the community.
- Assist with the collaborative efforts to better utilize our patient portal and overall patient communications to the targeted community using video.
- Additional tasks as needed.
- College student majoring in communications, human services/social work or related area.
- Experience with digital design and video editing software such as Canva, InDesign, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- Commitment to work with underserved populations and in the nonprofit environment.
- Possesses cultural competency to serve a diverse patient population.
- Strong competency in video production and video editing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess comfort and discipline to working in a virtual/remote environment utilizing tools such as Microsoft Teams.
- ALL MOBILEMED TEAM MEMBERS, INCLUDING INTERNS, must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to start date.
- Ability to travel as needed within the community including outside of other MobileMed clinics and other designated community sites. PPE will be provided at all times.
Please submit a cover letter stating your interest and availability and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Intern-LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”. Applications for winter and spring semester opportunities on a rolling basis; for summer semester, please submit by 3/1/2022.